LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anurag Tyagi (Officer)     18 October 2022

Same land sold twice by seller

I purchased plot from Mr X and sale deed was registered in Jun 2008. My advocate confirmed that title of plot is clear. Mutation of land was completed and entry was made in ROR on 14.08.2008.

Now, someone else (Say Mr B) has occupied the plot.

On taking out details, it has come to light that Mr X sold same plot to Mr A in Nov 2007 (seven months prior to selling it to me). The mutation was not done by Mr A for 10 yrs (till 2017). Thereafter Mr A sold it to Mr B and the mutation was done on 11.08.2017.

Please advise

1. Who is the rightful owner of the plot in such a case?

2. What action should I take against the seller Mr X?

3. What action can I take against Mr B who has now occupied the plot?

4. Can I file a complaint against the Registrar for doing wrongful mutation because the original mutation had already been done in my favour?

5. Any other action that I should take in the complete matter?

Thanking you in advance

Learning

3 Replies

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     18 October 2022

You have been cheated. Mr A has purchased the land 1st, so he is the rightful owner. 

You have to proceed legally against original owner.

Arun Thakur Rummy   18 October 2022

in this case rightful owner A.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 October 2022

You can file a law suit in civil courts. Meet an advocate for your issue. Remedies for Illegal Sale of Property Any of the following courses of action can be taken by the property owner when there has been an illegal sale of the property. Filing a Civil Lawsuit: The owner files for an injunction asking the court to put a restraining order on the party from disposing of the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register