LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aruna Sudhir (Self Employeed)     27 April 2014

Sales deed: resale flat sale

I purchased a resale flat couple of years ago and now I wish to sell it. I had not made the sales deed at that time. The buyer is asking for a sales deed. I have the receipts of all the payments made as agreed with the previous owner. Please advice what my options are now. Do I have to make a sales deed? Or is there another way of selling this flat?

Learning

5 Replies

Adv. Santosh Yadav (Advocate/Lawyer)     27 April 2014

if possible register the sales deed from the previous owner and the other method is buy giving advetisement in the news paper.

Adv. Santosh Yadav, Mumbai

info@lexwork.in 9820959658

How long is the wait after putting the ad in the newspaper?

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     27 April 2014

first I would like to clear is, in the absence of any valid sale deed, you cannot claim the ownership of the property, and transfer of property  have  not taken place for the past so many years, as there was no sale deed done, the ownership remains with the same person, who had made offer to sell that flat. In the absence  of the above said document ,you cannot enter  into any sale agreement as seller. Only on execution of sale deed, you become  absolute owner of the property and transfer of property will take place. All other things, pertaining to effect the sale deed will not demonstrate or give an impression as you are the owner of the said flat. It is only a myth. Forget all other things and  do the sale deed as soon as possible. 

What if I cant find the previous owner to do the sale deed?

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     27 April 2014

His or Her legal heir can do sale deed now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register