Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hariom Namaha Shivay (Manager)     18 July 2011

Sale of Vehicle already released on Superdari

Can I sell my vehicle which is already under my possession as the same  was earlier released on Superdari without any objection from prosecution .

There is no relevancy of the said vehicle with the case in which it was impounded and it is not made a case property even


 6 Replies

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     18 July 2011

If the vehicle is registered in your name, in your possession there wont be any problem to transfer the ownership of the vehile.

Samir Jha (Advocate)     19 July 2011

Please note that if the vehicle was  relased on superdari, then it is understood fact that vehicle is required to be produced before the Court. It is not relevant if the vehicle was used or not used in the offence. The very fact of superdari means that you have got released the vehicle on condition that you will produce it before court, whenever required and on your failure to do so you will be liable for the amount mentioned in the superdignama.  

Secondly, the right course is to make an application to the court, which released the vehicle on superdari, seeking permission to sell the vehicle.  


Good advice by Mr. Samir Jha.

Ajay Yadav (Manager)     18 July 2013

I'm also facing the same problem. Vehicle is under my custody and now want to sell the vehicle. Can I do the same.

Transferring, I refer to ownership change in Govt records and on RC (Reg. Copy). Can I do that??

Can u pls help me to file an application before Court?

The case is in Rohini Court -Delhi. I'm ready to bear the expense for the same.

Awaiting for your guidance and reply

Setu Niket (Advocate)     18 July 2013

Mr. Ajay Yadav, an application has to be moved to the appropriate court so as to do the needful.

Contact for further assistance.


Kind Regards

Setu Niket



amit k (lawyer)     23 October 2013

Mr.Yadav,as  Mr. Setu Niket already said,  there are provisions for the same, once technical verification and other necessory requirements are done by the police authorities one can move application for the sale of the same.

since your vehicle was ordered to be released on supurdari , it is a case property indeed.

Move an appropriate application before the court and you may get the relief.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query