LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Haresh jamnu (GM)     29 November 2010

Sale of property

My father in law bequethed his apartment in Mumbai in my wife's name.  The society did not transfer the name as they said we need to have clearance from the Associate member (my motherin law's sister).  My FIL had all along said that the property was his and hence first thru nomination and then thru will had given the property to my wife.  We approached the federation of CHS and they told us that the society had erred in recieving the nomination of Associate member without the consent of the 1st member.  We got the will probated. Thanks to the advises of some members of this forum, we appealed to the Registrar of societies who ruled in our favor.  We want to sell the apartment as we stay in Pune but the society is not giving us an NOC neither transferring the name.  What should we do?


 1 Replies

indeep (advocate)     29 November 2010

you can file written complaint with registrar of society against the concern association.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query