LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cliff (Nautical Consultant)     04 August 2012

Sale of house with poa

We have inherited our fathers property after his death an unregistered Will bequeathing the property to both of us (brother and sister) was made by my father. Can I obtain a POA from my sister so that I can sell the house?

Thanx in advance

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     04 August 2012

Yes, it is perfectly valid. Your sister can give you a POA authorising you to sell the property and execute the sale-deed on her behalf.

Cliff (Nautical Consultant)     05 August 2012

Dear Madam,

Thanks for your reply appreciate it very much

Cliff

Cliff (Nautical Consultant)     05 August 2012

Can a POA be made in any city of India for a relative who resides in another Indian City. What documents are required for the POA?

Naveen Kumar (service)     08 August 2012

Yes Mr.Cliff  you can sell the property on the basis of POA.  but you have not mentioned whether you got transferred the title in your or your sister's name, in case its not done the sale is not possible.  Your sister can either execute POA or She can Release her rights over the property through Release Deed.  [ Getting Release Deed will cost you very less].  POA can be execute from any of  states from India, but the problem is when you submit the same to your jurisdictional Sub-Registrar office if the POA stamp duty varies from that particular state so then you need to pay extra stamp value.[with regarding to this it's better you check with your jurisdictional Registration Office]   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register