Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajit rai ( )     17 June 2015

Sale of a disputed property

Respected Sir,

i am 70 years of age and holding a property solely in my name.property was bought in the year may 2005.  i have two daughters and two sons.Three years back one of my son had started residing with me by constructing first floor. He wants the whole property to be transferred to his name. My disagreement lead to the filing of a civil case against me, he claiming the property to be a joint property (his and mine). one year had passed but nothing has been done by the court in my favour. 

i dont have the strength to run for the civil hearings . i want to end everything once and for all. there is no stay on the property by the court. Do i have the right to  sell the property?  will selling the property make the matter worse for me? or how can i get my house vacated.Please help thanxz in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     17 June 2015

even though he had spent money in building the first floor he doesnt become the joint owner of the property.citing your age as a reason you can push for speedy trial.since your property is in dispute my opinion is not to go for any sale till the decree is pronounced.

if you want to push him out you can file a eviction petition but your son might get a interim stay  on this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register