LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashaant Malhotra   02 August 2023

Sale deed rejected by sub registrar

i have purchased a property which is upper ground floor, on ground floor is stilt parking floor roof, however the same is mentioned as ground floor in site plan. i got the e stamp issued for upper ground and now sub registrar has rejected the same on grounds that the above mentioned property is not upper ground floor and asking to change the e stamp papers and redo the entire process. Kindly ;let know the process. 

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 August 2023

Firsrt of all you hae to ascertain the type of property, you cannot give any name to the property you desire to register.

If there is an existing building then you may see what exactly is the approval for

If you have plan approval for the so called upper ground floor then you may proceed accordingly by preferring an appeal before the district registrar against the decision of the sub registrar, if not then you may have to change the deed.

Prashaant Malhotra   03 August 2023

Sir,

The flat is upper ground floor in the above mentioned property but in papers it is ground floor where there is no flat but stilt parking.

My question is whether to change the e stamppapers and redo the process or is there any alternative whereby i can submit affidavit stating that by mistake the property is named as upper ground floor. Though the property is constructed and present as Upper ground floor. The process of re submitting is going to cost me money and time. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register