Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Din Lok (Engineer)     11 May 2014

Sale deed or conveyance deed or both?

Hello there,

I would like to know - If we acquired Sale Deed and Registration for a flat and soon will get Possession/ Completion Certificate from Builder, then
Do I need to get Conveyance Deed as well?
or
Conveyance Deed is not required in this case?

Thanks!

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     11 May 2014

you are acquiring property consists a flat which requires registration and it is a conveyance on sale.  that means consideration is paid to vendor by the vendee and possession is given by the vendor to the vendee.  if you purchase site of undivided and unspecified share which should be registered and if given to consturction, it also requires registration.  this is for information.

1 Like

Din Lok (Engineer)     11 May 2014

Thanks Kavksatyanarayana. Sorry I couldn't understand your reply.

As I said once I'm done with Sale Deed & Registration - Do I still need to go for Conveyance Deed?

I would appreciate if you can simplify your answer.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     12 May 2014

Yes ,If sale deed of flat has been registered then you need not to go for registrtion of conveyance deed. 

1 Like

Nitisha Jain (Associate Lawyer)     17 May 2014

A registered Sale Deed is a perfectly valid document for title. A separate conveyance deed is not required.
1 Like

Din Lok (Engineer)     24 May 2014

Many thanks Bhartesh and Nitisha for the information. Your answers clarified my doubts over conveyance deed :)

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     24 May 2014

Sale deed itself is a conveyance.

If you have executed a registered sale deed in respect of your undivided share and an agreement for construction,  then possession  certificate  issued by the builder on completion of construction alone is enough to show your possession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register