LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

subrat sahoo   06 April 2024

Sale deed is not matching ror


My grandfather purchased a land from his father in 1980. As of now both my grandfather and his father are not alive.

Here is the concern. The sale deed of that time is lost and as per RoR, it's showing 28 decimal on my grandfather name. My grandfather's brother raised a dispute in Tehsil office after receiving a copy where they are claiming 14 decimal has been sold at that time.

Both the parties are not present and understanding my grandfather, there are 7 legal heirs including grandmother. Can RI or tehsildar discard the current RoR and create a new RoR without legal heir written approval or agreement? What's the correct way for this?




 3 Replies

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     06 April 2024

What documents are you referring as ROR? Is it Khatian? if Yes, It cannot be changed by Tahsildar once it is finally published. So come with more facts and yes no freebies can be given. Engage an advocate of your own choice.


Thank you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 April 2024

The ROR is the not the title document, it is just a revenue record.

If the registered document is missing then obtain a certified copy of the registration document.

You can get the details of property purchased on scrutinizing the registered sale deed.

After that the legal heirs can decide about further course of legal action if necessary.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     07 April 2024

If the sale deed is lost, obtain a certified copy from concerned Sub-Registrar and show it to a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of document and professional advise.

The land admeasuring 28 decimal stated to have been showing as purchased by your grandfather in 1980 cannot be challenged by his brother, before Tehsildar, in the year 2024,

Some facts of the case are missing in this post. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register