LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs . Shanta Rani (Housewife)     14 March 2012

Sale deed

I am in the process of Identifying a potential buyer for my Flat (Located in Delhi) that was inherited by me vide an unregistered "Will" of my father. This property (DDA Flat) was originally alloted in  my father's name. He had also got the conveyance done and the property is now freehold. Subsequent to his demise, I have got the mutation done in my name with MCD.

In addition to me , I also have a surviving brother who got his share  by way of another flat. This was also as per the Will.

Having agreed on the commercial terms, I am now need to sign the Sale deed.

Please advise the steps involved i.e.

1) What are the documents that I need to give to the broker for preparation of Sale deed

2) When do I hand over the possesion of the flat an original papers i.e. at the time of registeration or after credit of the full amount in my Bank account?

3) The broker wants me to provide him the copy of the Will. It is safe and correct to give him the Will as it contains details beyond this particular property? Additionally, he wants my brother to give an Affidavit.In both the cases should I or not?

Learning

1 Replies

SUJIT S BHALEKAR (Sr. MANAGER-LEGAL)     15 March 2012

1) Copy of the will, Affidavit/NOC from Brother confirming the no rights on the said property, Property details (property which is vested on you by way of will) will suffice the purpose for prepartion of the Sale deed.

2) after credit of the full amount in my Bank account and possession to be given to prospective buyer only after receipt of full consideration amt.

3) whether your broker is going to prepare the sale deed for u???

But yes, you need to give the title documents to the concerned lawyer whosoever prepares the sale deed for you.

Regards,

Sujit s. Bhalekar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register