LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun   05 July 2015

Sale deed

I made an agreement on 500 Rs stamp paper to buy bunglow from the builder. Since the builder didnot have all the approval to make the buglow he suggested to do the sale deed and then he will get all government approval and make buglow withinn6 months of sale deed.  Sale deed was done 2 years back and still he has not made buglow. Now he is changing the plan and making the sciety has flats and not bunglow. since he has only done the sale deed and not 7/12 does a case exisits on builder. would there be any benefit if i file FIR on builder for fraud. Since the sales deed is still in my name can he force me to give up my rights and he build flat on that plot. Could you please advice  me on few options which i can take. Please note he is willing to refund the money with nominal interest rate but i am not interested to take the money back. Please advice.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 July 2015

You must have heard of ‘Buyer Beware’. It applies to property dealings.

It was your responsibility to take legal opinion, obtain chain of documents, run check on title, permission to construct Bungalow, before entering into agreement to sell.

If there is no defect in title and chain then there should not be any difficulty in updating revenue record.

Do you have a valid agreement showing promises of the builder that you have narrated?

It shall be appropriate to consult an able lawyer with all docs on record that you have ASAP, before you decide to file some case or take back refund with some minor interest.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     05 July 2015

Sir,

Send him a legal notice to do the needful otherwise he will have to suffer the consequences of his act or you can file the FIR agaisnt him.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Adv

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register