LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivasarao (asst prof)     10 July 2017

Sale cum gpa

i am planning to buy a site.the seller bought the said property with registered SALE cum GPA one year ago. can i buy the site with sale deed ?.is he authorised to register with sale deed as he is on sale cum GPA.are there any legal impications with the from the previous owners of site like cancellation of GPA unliaterally.please advice 

Learning

3 Replies

Arjun Kohli   10 July 2017

The term Sale in the phrase indicates the Transfer of Ownership so it should not be an issue at all, since it is registered as well.

Therefore, in my opinion, you can validly proceed with the sale. However, on account of due diligence, you could always enquire around for your own satisfaction.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 July 2017

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil matters before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 July 2017

The principle can cancel the power vested in its agent.

Apply your resources to check if principle is alive and has not cancelled the said power vested in its agent and the document is registered and valid.

Local counsels can help you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register