LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gorsa venkata srinivasachari (Dy. Manager)     07 December 2020

Sale agreement done by father against mother property

Respected all lawyers club India around 3 months back my father made agreement PURONA to sell my mother land per cent cost 55,000 rupees. But after my enquiry in my village cost of land is very high. Land belongs to my mother only. Total land 23 cents ( 1103 square yards). At present government cost is 2680 per square yard. Now my father and myself and my mother objecting to sell that land. Due to my father innocence we are facing problems and my humble request is what extend that person has right on the land. Land purely on my mother name but sale agreement done by my father. I would like to know the legality of the sale agreement. Also he has given total 7 lakhs (2+2.5+2.5 lakhs cheques on my father name. 

Learning

6 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     07 December 2020

Tha agreemenr is void and cannot stand before law.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     07 December 2020

Agreement can not be enforced against  Mother's property however father is liable to return advance money to buyer

Deepak Rathore   07 December 2020

Before selling or getting into the agreement you should have quoted the right amount for your land you sell or get into a deal and then you go enquiring on the prices that a foolish or mischievous act from your end.
How can your father sell or get into agreement with the buyer , Ashtonishing !
Of the course the agreement is null and void and a cheating and fraud case can be filed against your father or the entire family (owner, persons involved in the deal) by the buyer .
Immediately Return the amount. along with the interest amount along with a good deep hearted apology.

Deepak Rathore   07 December 2020

Before selling or getting into the agreement you should have quoted the right amount for your land you sell or get into a deal and then you go enquiring on the prices that a foolish or mischievous act from your end.
How can your father sell or get into agreement with the buyer , Ashtonishing !
Of the course the agreement is null and void and a cheating and fraud case can be filed against your father or the entire family (owner, persons involved in the deal) by the buyer .
Immediately Return the amount. along with the interest amount along with a good deep hearted apology.

Shashi Dhara   07 December 2020

Issue legal notice to him thru your mother that she is not  bind or liable for agreement made by your father 

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 December 2020

Yes, the agreement cannot be enforced. However, you are liable to return the amount, legally as well morally.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register