LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

siddharth (QA )     20 February 2010

Salary over payment


I worked with a private sector bank for 3 months but resigned after that. but i was credited tha salary for about 6 month in excess to my work period. then after i got a reminder for settling my over dues , but the outstanding amout is interest inclusive.

do i need to make the repayment?

the fault is from the bank side.


 4 Replies

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     20 February 2010

Yes, you should repay the salary to the bank to the extent it is overpaid to you. This may be some fault ot any official of the Bank. If you do not do so, that official may be in trouble.

siddharth (QA )     21 February 2010

Ok sir, but whether i am suppose to give the interest charged by them also .

And can i do the repayment in installments?

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     21 February 2010

It will be better you talk to the bank official and do accordingly.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     21 February 2010

No you need not pay the interest. Write a letter and deposit the principal amount ONLY by way of a DD. This may be sent by speed post with acknowledgement.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query