LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wasim ahmad (Advocate )     09 April 2022

Salary not paid

Can i filed fir against my employer if he did not paid my salay from 2 years?


 1 Replies

Palak batra   11 April 2022

Dear Querist,


In cases of unpaid salary, an employee can approach the labour commissioner to reconcile the matter. Also, one can file a case under Section 33(c) of Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 and recover the due salary. Another act, that is, Payment of Wages Act 1936 is also helpful to get the salary. 


Nowadays, companies try to include the arbitration clause beforehand in the contract to settle the disputes. As it avoids the involvement of courts and also saves time. One can also opt such a way out.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query