LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jeeva (Jober)     26 September 2014

Salary not got its effect after promotion

I am working in a cotton Mill for 38 years as a 'WINDER'.  

• From this year of January I was promoted as a 'JOBER'. But my salary was not raised based on the promotion.
  • One person who worked under my category who was a coolie was fired from his position and I was asked to do his job along with my job. What can I do with this?
  • But the additional job type is done by Coolies.

Problem Faced: 

Based on Industrial Dearness Allowance act from the year of (10-10-2011), the basic salary was raised to 3470 for WINDERS category and 3590 for JOBBERS category. My salary went an yearly raise of Rs. 60 to my basic pay.. 

My promotion was done based on the senior who retired from his position as a 'JOBER' on 6th Dec 2013. I took over his position.from 2013 Dec 7th on the basis of Line of Promotion. 

From january 1st, 2014, I was allocated the category of the retired senior who is the 'JOBER'. But my payslip got its update.from 'WINDERS' to 'JOBBERS'.

But my pay-scale was not changed accordingly. still I am receiving with 'WINDER' payscale.

Basic pay for various categories 

Table I
Category Initial Basic Pay
Sk1 Jobber and fitter  3590
SK2 Asst Fitter 3530
SK3 Machine Operator 3470

Based on annual increment for 3 years (3X Rs.60) = 180. 

Basic pay after 3 years increment

Table II
Job category Basic Pay with Increment
Sk1 Jobber and fitter  3770
SK2 Asst Fitter 3710
SK3 Machine Operator 3650

Now the problem :

When enquired the management, since the current salary of me as per SK3 from Table II (3650) has exceeded the basic pay of the initial salary of SK! from table I (3590), They say that I wont get the benefits of 'JOBBER'.

Compared to the intake of workload, but the pay is not reasonable and seems to be illegal..

So someone, Please give your valuable suggestions.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register