LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vamshi   19 November 2019

Salary not being paid for more than 6month

Just to give you a brief I have been working with this company from past 4years. Salary payment on time was always an issue ,but nevertheless as I had to move to my home town this was the best option I had. 

Though the Salary was paid with a gap of two months or at times three months ,and we got habituated with this system.

As proofs : I have Company ID Card and Salary Credit statement from the Bank with our company name in descripttion till April 2019.

I have been the Head for Indian operations with around 40-50 employees now reduced to 25.

I have been asked to run around govt officials / ministers for getting certain approvals of certain projects the company is planning to get into. 

Since Oct 2018 or so I have not visited the office regularly as I used  to work on the project liaising with Govt Officials/Political Leaders on my boss saying only. 

I have submitted many requests to govt. officials on the letter head of the company. and also have Newspaper articles of certain presentations made by me to Collector and Commissioner of the City with my name and company details along with photo in the article.

Infact me and my boss met the Local Municipal Commisioner in April 2019 for discussing our Project .

So everything went on well till that time (April 2019) ..

Not sure after that the payment stopped...i thought it was a regular practice so never questioned till three months with my Boss. ( I used to check with the accountant -who is clueless most of the time). But this time its more than 6 months now and he stopped responding to my messages or calls.

Once, he picked up my call in August or so and said don't worry ,I will pay you entirely . But he paid only 2lacs ( pending 8lacs). Though he talks very nicely, not sure why i m not being paid . All others are paid in my company. Just to give you some info earlier years as well my boss used to delay my payments and since I was senior to all others here at office. I used to take the pain and never questioned him for the delay.

My Boss even visited to my residence in April 2019 along with his family to gift some goodies to my newborn baby, on his usual visit to India from US. We share a very good relationship.

But surprisingly from last 6-7months i have not been paid ,more importantly I am not being communicated on my phone calls or even not responding to my messages. I have been to office for around 10days but by boss who is in US didnt communicate, and i have not been assigned any work at office.

I have a family with two kids and wife to support. Now things have become little difficult at home as well.

The Company is doing well and my boss is opening restaurants one by one in US,this is just to indicate that he is doing well.

Please suggest me what steps do i take to get the money back .

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     19 November 2019

Serve legal notice to your employer for payment of outstanding dues.

In case of help may connect to us.

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     19 November 2019

issue legal notice, then complain before labour commissioner.

call me for assistance.

Sb Karma   19 November 2019

Originally posted by : Vamshi
Just to give you a brief I have been working with this company from past 4years. Salary payment on time was always an issue ,but nevertheless as I had to move to my home town this was the best option I had. 

Though the Salary was paid with a gap of two months or at times three months ,and we got habituated with this system.

As proofs : I have Company ID Card and Salary Credit statement from the Bank with our company name in descriptttion till April 2019.

I have been the Head for Indian operations with around 40-50 employees now reduced to 25.

I have been asked to run around govt officials / ministers for getting certain approvals of certain projects the company is planning to get into. 

Since Oct 2018 or so I have not visited the office regularly as I used  to work on the project liaising with Govt Officials/Political Leaders on my boss saying only. 

I have submitted many requests to govt. officials on the letter head of the company. and also have Newspaper articles of certain presentations made by me to Collector and Commissioner of the City with my name and company details along with photo in the article.

Infact me and my boss met the Local Municipal Commisioner in April 2019 for discussing our Project .

So everything went on well till that time (April 2019) ..

Not sure after that the payment stopped...i thought it was a regular practice so never questioned till three months with my Boss. ( I used to check with the accountant -who is clueless most of the time). But this time its more than 6 months now and he stopped responding to my messages or calls.

Once, he picked up my call in August or so and said don't worry ,I will pay you entirely . But he paid only 2lacs ( pending 8lacs). Though he talks very nicely, not sure why i m not being paid . All others are paid in my company. Just to give you some info earlier years as well my boss used to delay my payments and since I was senior to all others here at office. I used to take the pain and never questioned him for the delay.

My Boss even visited to my residence in April 2019 along with his family to gift some goodies to my newborn baby, on his usual visit to India from US. We share a very good relationship.

But surprisingly from last 6-7months i have not been paid ,more importantly I am not being communicated on my phone calls or even not responding to my messages. I have been to office for around 10days but by boss who is in US didnt communicate, and i have not been assigned any work at office.

I have a family with two kids and wife to support. Now things have become little difficult at home as well.

The Company is doing well and my boss is opening restaurants one by one in US,this is just to indicate that he is doing well.

Please suggest me what steps do i take to get the money back .

So sad to hear from you,,,just file a complaint 

if your company falls and rule under MNC in india

you may file complaint to MCA PORTAL too.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register