Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaukat (Accountant)     15 September 2009

salary issue

Dear All ,
I'm working in school since last 33yrs as am accountant , since last 9 yrs the management has stopped giving raise in my basic pay i get salary hike but as other allowance hence i'm deprieved from the beefits of Provident fund which is deducted on basic pay and will also affect my grauity when i leave this organisation . Can anyone help me in this regard whether legally its correct, if not then pls quote me the law reference etc  in the matter.
Thanks a lot , awaiting for an early response

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 September 2009

The payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 section 4 of the Act is the most important section in the Act. It explains eligibility to receive gratuity.

Ashish Ovalekar (Manager Legal & Compliance)     17 September 2009

Dear Shaukat,

The hike in wages depends upon whether the Scholl is a Government, Government Aided School or a Private School. Since your Basic has not been hiked, i presume that your school must be a private school.

The hike in wages / salary in private entities, are governed by internal policies. But check and confirm whether your Basic and DA is in confirmity with the Minimum Wages as prescribed by the Central or State Government. You ahve got the right to claim the same. Go and visist the local Labour Commissioners Office to find the same.

As regards Gratuity and Provident Fund, you shall be entitled to the same only on resignation. retirement.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register