IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ap Neeti   22 February 2023

Salary held by employer


I need help of members here.

I resigned my school on health grounds. Could not serve notice period nor the offer letter has any mention of notice period.

I was 10 days away from my salary day.

School did not pay my salary

They are not returning my original certificates

They are not returning post dated cheques.

What is the remedy? Can I lodge FIR at the Police station if yes under what sections.




 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 February 2023

Police complaint may be filed for illegal retaintion of testimonials.

Issue legal demand notice for payment of arrears of salary.

It would be better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer to form proper opinion, advise and proceed as required under the circumstances. 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     23 February 2023

Agree with Dr. Vashista

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query