Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil chaudhary (Software Eng.)     24 June 2010

Sachin Tendulkar to be Conferred Honorary Rank of IAF Group

Sachin Tendulkar to be Conferred Honorary Rank of IAF Group Captain

Under the provision of grant of honorary rank by Armed Forces to eminent personalities acknowledging their contribution towards the nation, the Hon’ble President and the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of India is pleased to confer Shri Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar the honorary rank of Group Captain of the Indian Air Force (IAF).

In recognition of Sachin’s glorious achievements as a cricketer and sports icon par excellence, IAF had mooted a proposal to confer the honorary rank of Group Captain. Besides the recognition, his association with the IAF will motivate the younger generation to join the Air Force to serve the country.

Accepting the honour, Sachin, who is presently out of the country, expressed his pleasure over the honour being bestowed. “It is indeed a great honour that I have been considered for the honorary rank of Group Captain in the Indian Air Force. As an Indian, I am very proud to be associated with this Dynamic Force and I shall do my very best to be a brand ambassador for the IAF.”

Expressing his eagerness to interact with the air warriors, he said, “I am looking forward to familiarizing myself with the Indian Air Force. I once again salute the Indian Air Force for this great honour bestowed on me”.

Till date 21 persons have been granted the honorary ranks from Flight Lieutenant to Air Marshal. The last person to be conferred the honorary rank of Air Commodore was Shri Vijaypat Singhania on 08 Oct 90.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv.Aiyer VLV (Proprietor)     25 June 2010

Good news

This must be in news module or in blog or article and not in forum

regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register