Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Thirumalai Dasan K   19 November 2022

Rwa election

Dear Experts,

I am a founding member of the Residential Welfare Association in Chennai. The association was formed in 2015. After a year, I did not take part in the executive committee.

Due to Covid 19, this year's election got postponed. The notification was issued and an election committee was formed with 5 volunteers on 13 Aug 22 and the election was scheduled on 9.10.2022.

3 out of five election committee members have resigned. Fresh committee was formed and election notification was issued on 22.10.2022. The last date of nomination was on 16 Nov 2022 at 17.00 Hrs. I filed my nomination on 16.11.2022 at around 4.30 pm.

6 candidates filed their nominations between 5 pm to 6 pm on the last day and one of the election committee members and the incumbent office bearer called a particular member asked to file nomination at least before 7.30 pm. I objected to that and nominations filed after 5 pm should be rejected. Then they said with their discretionary power, extending upto 6 pm.

They have not released a list of candidates. They said they will release the final list of candidates after 18.11.2022 as 17&18th are fixed for scrutiny and  withdrawal, if any.

On 17.11.2022 night the office room (business center) where the nomination forms were kept, few office bearers and a group of candidates hired the same room for 2 hours and occupied. One of the ex office bearer saw the incumbent secretary and treasurer open these nominations and gone through the papers (in the absence of election committee members) and then I went and objected to this and then I written a mail to them and requested them to disqualify those who filed after 5 pm and withdrawal of my candidature.

I would request experts' opinion on the best possible remedies to streamine. Thank you

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register