LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aravind R ( )     11 July 2013

Running a small firm with sole properitor

My Dad would like to start a small Firm which offers services like website designing, logo designing and seo. He is expertise in these fields and he is the only Employee. At times i will give him tips and ideas related to it. Now this firm has to be compulsory registered or can continue without registering. Also he plans to open a website on the firm's name and put his service offered in the website. Is this Legal? Kindly Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     11 July 2013

if it is a sole proprietorship firm, it is not compulsory to register it. since  it is the initial stage of business, you may go ahead with the business, but you need to look at obtaining Service Tax number , Shop and Establishment License and other local laws compliance for commencing the business.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

1 Like

Aravind R ( )     11 July 2013

Thank You So Much Sir for the Reply.

Actually since it is initial stage he has not planned to go for any Space, instead just a website and Visiting Card. So whoever calls him, he will go to their house discuss on it and offer the service. In that case what he should do sir?

Thanks & Regards

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     12 July 2013

Hi Aravind R,

Please note, the Shop and Establishemnt rules apply to any COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY which is dealt at any place, Commercial or residential. Since its the start, you will take some time to earn profits and get a good turn over, therefore after some time you can apply for the license.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register