LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashu (owner)     25 April 2013

Rto rules

First off all sory if i posted in wrong section.
But I was confused where to ask this thus posted in this block.

Actually many times I heard that
"1- Except RTO other Police or Hawaldar cant ask you for your License and Vehicle documents
 2- If you didnt make any mistake or jump signal no one even RTO cant ask you for license and documents
 3- If you dont have document or License with you, you can show/produce such within 15 days and can cancel fine.
 4- Is attested copy Photo copy of Insurance, License and Vehicle registration is allowed to carry instead of original(As there is risk of loss
)"
Is this so...?

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     18 May 2013

Any traffic police officer not below the rank of Sub inspector can stop the vehicle and ask for licence and have power to challan. If you do not pay the challan he can seize the vehicle.  

Apart from traffic police and RTA, the law and order police also have powers to stop the vehicle and ask for vehicle documents and they can even check up the vehicle whether there is any unlawful material (such as drugs, pistols, revolvers, bombs, gelletin sticks, rdx etc)  is being transported. Comparing to other authorities, the law and order police have wide powers since they have to maintain law and order properly. 

The RTA authorites can stop the vehicle and ask for the Driving licence, RC and pollution check etc and their renewals. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register