Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 April 2014

what is query

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     07 April 2014

sudhir ji, 

its not a query.

i m just trying to share what i found

fighting back (exec)     07 April 2014

what is the remedy if there is a government circular asking for abnormally high fees for RTI query, in my case, i have been asked to pay rs 1000 per page, citiing a railway ministry circular, what can be done about that?

file complaint u/s 18

18. Powers and functions of Information Commissions.-

(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, it shall be the duty of the Central Information Commission

or State Information Commission, as the case may be, to receive and inquire into a complaint from

any person,-

(a) who has been unable to submit a request to a Central Public Information Officer or State

Public Information Officer, as the case may be, either by reason that no such officer has been

appointed under this Act, or because the Central Assistant Public Information Officer or State

Assistant Public Information Officer, as the case may be, has refused to accept his or her

application for information or appeal under this Act for forwarding the same to the Central Public

Information Officer or State Public Information Officer or senior officer specified in sub- section

(1) of section 19 or the Central Information Commission or the State Information Commission, as

the case may be;

(b) who has been refused access to any information requested under this Act;

(c) who has not been given a response to a request for information or access to information

within the time limit specified under this Act;

(d) who has been required to pay an amount of fee which he or she considers unreasonable;

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     08 April 2014

fighting back (exec)     08 April 2014

@amit................hi amit. can you pls provide the draft of letter to challenge the amount of fees demanded u/s 18.

and can the Railway ministry circular be challenged? it has been expressesly mentioned that an amount of Rs 1000 be charged for each page of information asked.

no format is specified for filing complaint u/s 18

prepare as per the facts of ur case

Anthim Gandhi (M.D)     08 April 2014

i have drafted second complaint to higher authority after 60 days.  No reply from other end and its been 3rd month?

so can we claim from them?

it should be second APPEAL and not second complaint.

it takes time

all the SICs are overburdened.

in my jurisdiction, the SIC is currently hearing the second appeals which were filed in NOV. 2012.

we here need to wait for 2 years after filing the second appeal to get the information which we would have got in 30 DAYS.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     13 April 2014

one more remedy as per recent amendment 2014 in Conduct Rules

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/editor_upload/745558672.jpg

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register