LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek kumar   27 May 2022

RTI TO A PUBLIC SERVENT

sir...the query is just for knowledge purpose and its too a issue related to my family

although there are few reson where the rti can be rejected but apart from them i want to know would the circle officer in the block be asked by the rti act to mention the reason for not signing the document present to him since a month

nor the paper is signed nor it is rejected its just lying in his office
sent by the court regarding our land. which was illegally possessed by a person in my village and recently we got the permission.although once considered by the court according to me the co must not have the right to reject it.

should i make a rti mentioning the reason for delay to sign the documents or i should wait

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 May 2022

The Public Information officer should deny information by stating such sub-section of exemption clauses in 8(1) (a) to (j) and offer justification for applying that sub-section.  This is mandatory and mere quoting a section or denying without stating subsection and justification amounts to deliberate and malafide denial that attracts penalty etc., as per Sec.20

There are no restrictions for information seekers and the smartness lies in constructing the query.  In your case, you are entitled to information under RTI Act. For general guidance, a simple format is given.

Application dt.28th May, 2022 seeking information under RTI Act

Before: State Public Information officer,...................

Fee: Indian postal order No........for Rs.10/- drawn in favour of Accounts officer .........Payable at.............(place)

Applicant

Subject on the information sought: Petition/Application filed on.............before...................at the office of..............

Information solicited;

1. Please inform the time frame stated as per laid down norms in the Citizen Charter for delivery of the service/Action.

2. Please inform the present status of the application.

3. Please inform the specific reasons for the inordinate delay.

4. Please inform the name of the superior, his designation, mobile number, and full postal address that has such supervisory powers over the concerned employee for the deliberate delay in disposing of the application.

Applicant

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register