I am being continuously harassed by Election Office of my zone.First of all they made a spelling mistake in voter id card and after I submitted the correction form to them they have taken more than 1 month and still my corrected voter id card has not been given to me.

I would like to know the reasons for the delay, under the RTI ACT .

My predicament is that I am a college student and hence i won't get time to go to the post office or to hand them the application personally(The election commission website says that either the application should be sent thru post or handed personally at nirvachan sadan,new delhi)

Can i send the application by courier.Also, i dont know the name of the PIO.Please help.

Eye Specialist


                     You     can   send     the    RTI   application   by    Courrier.



there must be some place for complain by net - find and avail it.

[See my Blog for NSSD-UOI] Founder - President Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Democratic Rights Forum (DRF) (Foundation for Social Justice and Constitutional Awareness for Trial of Public Service) email at drf.india@gmail.com Twitter;democrats_forum

Dear friend, we all know vey well irrsponsible attitude of public servants. Sometimes they refuses to give aknowledgement signature to private couriers. So I suggest you not to give them a chance under this pretext and send the application by post office by regstered A/D or by speed post.


Arup ji has also suggested to sort out a hannel for complaint on net site of Election Commission.


Please add;


"I have sent a form.... on.. for correction in my voter I/Card. I want to know that what action has been taken in regard to the said correcion form. Therefore, please give me certified/attested copies of all the notings made by the concerned officials and all the correspondence made in this regard.


Please send the informaton by registered post.


I am ready to pay all required charges as per provision in RTI Act 2005."


Keep a copy and money receipt for Rs.10/- carefully with you.


Total likes : 3 times


I have a election card but in that my surname is not written, my father name and my age is wrong....I have a question if I have summitted my all documents very clearly then why I gave them 25 rs. for Form 8A (Correction in election card)..... although they do not charge for making new card but take charges for correction by the way of challan. Can I file RTI against this???




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x