LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Kumar Ray   23 January 2021

Rti answer not received from wbbpe

Dear Sir I have sent a RTI application to West Bengal board of primary education for TET-2014. I have submit the hard copy of judgement copy of high court to wbbpe. But no answer get from them. So I filed a RTI application for the same. But more than 90 days has passed but no answer came from them. So please guide me. How to do now. Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/default.asp#

Learning

4 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     24 January 2021

The website of the organisation mentions the course of action as to whom to appeal in case of non receipt of reply or improper reply. Please verify the web site and do the needful

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     24 January 2021

You file an appeal before the First Appleate Authority

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 January 2021

Search in website and download the details and addresses of State Public Information Officer, and the next superior designated as First Appellate Authority.  The first step towards learning the basic law is to purchase RTI book and read one section  a day and there are 5 relevant sections in entire RTI Act for the benefit of common man Sec5,6,7,8, 19 and 20.

There is a time frame for providing of information. If PIO fails to reply within 30 days from receipt of such RTI Application + postal transit days 10 days, you have to file First Appeal to designated FAA, a superior of PIO and enclose copy of RTI Application with such service proof.  Even if there is even a reasonable delay, FAA may consider your First appeal. A simple first Appeal format is provided below.

First Appeal dt...............under Sec.19 of RTI Act

Before: First Appellate Authority,................................

Against: State Public Information officer,...................

Appellant:..................

Grounds for Appeal: SPIO has not provided information for RTI Application dt......even after 30 days, considering the information as "deemed denial, this first Appeal. (self-attested copy of application pasted below with service proof of postal receipt No.............dt............).  The delay may kindly be condoned as a reasonable waiting period for responding to the application was given to SPIO due to covid disturbances in the Office schedule.

PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to SPIO for providing information as expeditiously as possible free of cost.

Appellant.

____________________________Copy of RTI Application dt............._____________________________________________________

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 January 2021

Move an appeal u/s 19 of the Right to Information Act, 2005

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More