LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maninder (Shopper)     28 June 2011

RTI act to Income Tax

i have filled an application under RTI act to Income Tax office at Bhopal Circle , to know abt how much shop rent is being shown by my tenant in his tax filling documents , but Income Tax department has replied me that this information is his personal information and we can't give it without his permission . So now wht should  I do to get this info from Income Tax department in certified copy .

Learning

4 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     28 June 2011

Section 8(d) of the information Act matters touching the private entities are not liable to be revealed unless the party gives consent.Though ther eis dispute over the personal and public informations, the Public  authoritiesrefuse these details.

(d) information including commercial confidence, trade secrets or intellectual 

property, the disclosure of which would harm the competitive position of a third party, 

unless the competent authority is satisfied that larger public interest warrants the 

disclosure of such information;  

The appellate authorities may consider the verosity and permit the revelation of the information

Maninder (Shopper)     28 June 2011

thanks .....

P Roychaudhuri (Advocate)     28 June 2011

Moreover such informtion is covered under section 8(1)(j) of the RTI Act 2005 untill you can demostrate a larger public interest.

1 Like

pratik (self working)     03 July 2011

Also i would like to say more that there is a High court judgment on this but i cant remember which HC but the judgment is there it is 100000000 % confirm.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register