THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005
APPLICATION FOR OBTAINING INFORMATION
Date: ___ ___ By speed post
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER [PIO]
1. Name of the Applicant: __________________
2. Full Address: ________________________________
3. Particulars of information required:
My son/daughter/ward ______________ appeared for _____ standard exam of your board in the month of ______. Photocopy of mark sheet is attached for ready reference.
Please permit me and my above son/daughter/ward to inspect his/her answer sheet/s as well as other relevant records and also provide me certified photocopies of his/her answer sheet/s pertaining to following subjects:
4. Details of payment of filing fees:
5. Please rush the information to me by speed/registered post.
I am an Indian citizen. Please reply in English.
6. Please also provide me file notings and action taken report on this application along with your reply.
7. Note: I am emphatically drawing your kind attention to 49 page judgement of 2 judge bench of Hon’ble High Court of Calcutta in M.A.T. No. 275 of 2008 in University of Calcutta & ors. Vs. Pritam Rooj which is available at http://www.judis.nic.in/Kolkata/Judge_Result_Disp.asp.
It allows disclosure as requested by me.
I may add that refusal of my request by you will tantamount to defiance of above judgement and spirit of RTI Act.
Signature of Applicant
I authorize and permit PIO, to supply information sought by my father/mother/guardian and also allow me and my father/mother/guardian to inspect relevant answer sheet/s and connected record as requested per this application. I waive notices under section 11 of RTI Act 2005. I am an Indian citizen.
Signature of examinee ___________________
To enable you to take informed decision please refer:
Decision in Complaint No.CIC/AT/A/2007/01502 dated 24-10-08 available at www.cic.gov.in
1. If the student has not completed 18 years of age, application has to be made by his/her father or mother or guardian to be on safer side. The student has to give consent only.
If student is above 18 years of age on date of filing application, he himself can file RTI application with relevant changes in above format or he can get it filed by his father/mother/guardian in above format by signing authority portion.
2. Please make payment of filing fee as per RTI rules of your state to which the examining board belongs.
CBSE is a central govt entity and for it you should pay Rs.10/- by postal order in favour of ACCONTS OFFICER, CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION. It should be payable at Delhi
3. Please use the format as prescribed by your state RTI rules or if not prescribed use above format. Do not omit reference to judgement of High Court of Calcutta in any format. Add it as a note.
5. Address of PIO is available at RTI link on the website of concerned examining board.
6. Above format and procedure can be followed for University exams also with relevant changes.
7. If you do not get reply within 40 days of mailing this application or if the reply is not satisfactory, please immediately file first appeal by visiting: