LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HANUMANT DESHMUKH (Activist)     04 September 2010

RTI 2nd Appeal against DAVV

Long story short...I filed a Right to Information Application to get a copy of my University answersheets. It was promtly denied. I filed first appeal to the VC, for which no response came. Finally, I filed Second Appeal to MP State Information Commission sometime around in Mar. 2009. I just got a letter from them that a hearing has been scheduled on 20th Sept. 2010.

I have already passed LLB and am a Lawyer now. My answersheets are probably disposed off long ago. So I am not going to benefit much from it. But I believe this is a very important case and has the potential to revolutionise the University education. When students get their answersheet and compare what they have written and how they have been awarded mark, they will be enraged at the mistakes, irrational evaluation, and the over all callous evaluation process. Only when there are hundreds of students enraged and breathing down the throat of Univ. authorities, a change can happen. I believe this will bring a lot of accountability to University examinations thereby increasing the standard of education.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed. Complete details and the softcopy of the 2nd appeal that was filed is available here.

Learning

1 Replies

HANUMANT DESHMUKH (Activist)     22 September 2010

Update: We won the case!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register