LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surendran VM (Manager)     28 November 2010

RTC - Document of title in Karnataka

While scrutinising the documents of title to property in Karnataka, it is observed that , upto a point of time, RTC issued by Village Accountant is the only document available for verification for establishing title to a person.

What is RTC?

Is it a valid documents of title to establish title to the propertty? .

Requets legal experts to comment on this

Learning

3 Replies

suresh (Advocate)     30 November 2010

Dear Mr. Surendran

RTC means RECORD OF RIGHT,GHENI AND PAHANI PATRIKA

Yes it is valid document to trace the title, but it is not only the document to verify the title other revenue documents which is referred in the RTC those documents needs to be verified.

RTC starts from 1966-67, prior to RTC we need verify the documents how he has acquired the property.

Regards

Suresh.N.V,

2 Like

S.UMA SHANKAR (shop keeper)     13 February 2013

hello sir !!

i purchased a piece of land in 2004 in karnataka.after purchasing the land  i applied for RTC .when applied to rtc i came to know that rtc has not been updated for a long time and i have tried to get nearly one year to get it in my name.i have received a computerised RTC on my name.after that i have sold it to another person in 2011.but 2 days back  i had received a lawyer notice stating that  i have foul played in getting RTC that the name mentioned in RTC before my name is not found in the MR extract.what should i do? as i am residing  in andhra pradesh,how can i deal with it ?it took me a long time to get rtc in my name and im sure that i did not foul played anywhere .please render me some legal suggestion to deal with it.

narendra.s.p (Chief Manager(Law))     13 February 2013

It is not a document of title [title deed] but can be used as document evidencing title. Please carry our a proper search with the revenue authorities and obtain "patta" and other mutation changes recorded in patta book. A non agtriculturist cannot purchase an agricultural land. Please utilise online "Sakala" service 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register