Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alok Kumar (Executive )     16 February 2013

Roof right, construction of 3rd floor

Respected Sir,

I have builder floor in uttam nagar, Prem Nagar, New Delhi.  I have 2nd Floor with roof rights,  builder had taken another Rs. 5 Lacks for roof rights then he made roof rights in our registery papers.  Building is well build with 4 years old, with enough strength.

Now I want to build 3rd Floor.   Now the same builder who arranged to written roof rights on my papers told me that you can only use roof, but cannot build another floor.  But not anywhere written in the papers that i cannot build 3rd Floor.

I have also not till asked from Ground Floor & 1st Floor owners.  As both of them fighting with each other on parking issue.

So can i make 3rd floor, and if the another floor owners make hurdles what steps can i take to stop them. 

Kindly advice.

Alok Kumar Goel

M Block, Prem Nagar, Uttam Nagar

Learning

2 Replies

prakharved (Medical officer)     04 July 2013

@alok

To build another floor in the house, you need to have the approval of the city municipality. Only then can you be able to build another floor. I think you should consult a practising property lawyer on this issue. To get your query answered you can check out this website, www.lawkonect.com. Here you can write down your query in detail and a property lawyer would give a written reply to your query. You would be informed about the the relevant laws that you need to take into consideration and you will also be described the options available to you in your present situation. If you require, you can hire a lawyer, or request a personal consultation through www.lawkonect.com.

Regards.

Alok Kumar (Executive )     05 July 2013

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply, I know that municipal corporation approval is necessary for making of another floor, but where i am living people has already made not even 3rd floor but they have made upto 4th floor, and every body is arranging RTI in MCD for the person who is living in 3rd floor or 4th floor, that why MCD has given permission for making 3rd floor.  when make RTI the 3rd floor will be demolished.

So in our place everybody is making RTI against every person who is making hurdles in constructing 3rd floor.

for example if you are in process of making 3rd floor in your building and the person who are making hurdles in constructing you 3rd floor, is already lives in 3rd floor, so the person are taking against each other.

This is the case going in our place.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register