LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Role of protection officer in dv case

Can someone tell me the role of protection officer in DV case ? There are false clauses which are mentioned by my wife and i want to know if there is anyway i approach protection officer and prove myself before he or she prepares the report and sent back to the concerned courts ?

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 April 2014

Both the applicant and the respondent will be heard either jointly or singly or both by the Protection officer, efforts to reconcile between both will be initiated, if there arrives no consensus between both, the protection officer will forward the case to the concerned court with remarks that the efforts to reconcile the difference failed.  That will be the role of protection officer on the initial stage.

(Guest)

Thank you for the detailed information sir.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     13 April 2014

I agree with kalaiselvan. 

Udaya Shankar. C (Retired)     13 April 2014

I  too agree with Sri kalaiselvan. But need a small clarification. If the complainant having attended the counseling  and refuse to give in writing  that she had attended the counseling What is the position of respondent and what action protection officer is supposed to take on the complainant.

If some body can clarify on this issue, I am grateful.

498A_fighter (NA)     27 April 2014

i would like to give my case as example here is that, in my case protection office never called me and asked my version. i got notice directly from court to attend on specific date.when i went on date, i was aksed to pay interim maintenace to wife.No one has asked any question until now.

why protection office has not played any role in my case and how the judge agrred to send notice with out crossing whether protection officer has done his role or not.

Any advice on this also.

And also while filing the charge sheet by IO in my 498A,i never taken my statements or he never contacted any of my family numbers.he has taken the statment of my wife,her parents,brother in law and family friend and fillied the charge sheet.

any opionion on this whether the rules followed in my case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register