LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghav Lawerence (BusinessBBB)     27 January 2021

Road side accident - bike - case in court

sir, i met with a road accident two years back in coimbatore,tamilnadu. fault is on the opposite side but since major injury on the other side, police registered a case on me person hit me from behind on his high speed bike. fir was filed on me and a mcop case is already running i have the insurance and all papers. case is set to exparte to on my side for non appearance, in the current situation ,how will the case proceed. will the insurance settle? do i need to compulsorily attend mcop case at court? will the criminal case go to trial. how will all this end, please advise

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     27 January 2021

1. The case will be treated as Accident case, wherein you have to compulsorily attend court and put up your defence with relevant evidence & witnesses.  IF you do not attend court, THEN you will be punished for negligence, rash driving, etc....

2. IF your vehicle was duly insured and IF you had filed Accident Claim with the Insurance Co., THEN  "ALL" compensation /damages shall be paid by Insurance Co.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     27 January 2021

It is better to appear before any ex parte decree will be passed against you. Just appear in the court and if you have insurance cover then submit your documents and let insurance co. fight  while you will be then a spectator but participating

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register