Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raghav   08 September 2017

Road accident claim

Hi all,

On oct 10 2015 I met with a bike accident , where I was going in an bike and I got collided by another bike. This resulted in a serious fracture and I could not walk for 8 months and made me jobless . FIR was filed as unknown vehicle , but later on we found the person and filed a case for insurance. Now case is in progress.

A week back I got a letter from maavatta aatchiyar , and asked to submit the FIR and some other docs. When I enquired my lawyer about this , he said , its usual for any one who had accident, some amount will be paid by govt. But after this I could not reach my lawyer as he went out of town.

I want to know like what exactly this mean , where to collect, when is the right day and time to go , and what amount I may get. 

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 September 2017

Perhaps, your lawyer may not be taking all documents with him when he goes out of town, and he may return back.  When once the case is entrusted, always follow through him.  The compensation depends on actual medical expenses, loss of income for those days in which you were unable to perform your activities, the cost of getting the repairs to the vehicle, mental trauma, and future complications if any out of the accident in health etc.  Your Advocate is a better person to discuss with you and give correct compensation amount.  It is always proper to maintain a parallel file with you when ever any case is pending.

raghav   09 September 2017

"The compensation depends on actual medical expenses, loss of income for those days in which you were unable to perform your activities, the cost of getting the repairs to the vehicle, mental trauma, and future complications if any out of the accident in health etc.  Your Advocate is a better person to discuss with you and give correct compensation amount. 

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Road-accident-claim-153741.asp#reply"

My question is not on the compensation amount that comes after the Case Filed, because these information I can get from my lawyer.

I am asking about what I will get from the government. It was said to me that govt. gives some small standard amount compensation for all who suffered from accident , irrelevant of the  ' medical expenses, mental trauma etc,'.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register