Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muruganandan (SSE)     02 May 2011

Road Accident Case 279/339 IPC

Hi,

A year back, i hit a pedestrian cross the road with my two wheeler and person is no more. I went direct to police station and informed abt the accident. They asked me come back after then next day. But they filed a FIR on me under 279 337 IPC and arrested. I got out on bail on same day. Actually the person was drunken and I had green signal to cross.  But in charge sheet or postmortem report they haven't mentioned the two. When asked they said, they didn't because person would not be possible to get insurance claim. So i kept quiet.

But now, they are trying to use it against me. I planning to go for higher studies abroad.

How can i get out of the case. What will be the consequence of this case. Will it affect my higher studies.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

10 Replies

Muruganandan (SSE)     02 May 2011

Chargesheet also contains 279 304(A) IPC. What does these code means?

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 May 2011

rash and negligent driving.  You have to contest the case.

AAK (Advocate)     03 May 2011

304A causing death by rash and negligent act. As rightly said by Mr.Rajeev, you have to contest the case..

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     03 May 2011

Dear Muruganandan, excellent, you have destroyed a life and sent him to heaven directly without any effort and still you want to prove yourself a divine soul.Fault 100% may be of that departed soul but does that fault of him confers you any right to kill.You simply doesn't have any sympathy for a human being killed by you and seems to be arrogant.

You have full right to defend yourself as that departed soul had the right to live but his rights were extinguished by your rash driving.

Cheers.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     03 May 2011

tipical to prove rash driving!

and total case depend upon rash driving i.e.-279 ipc,

and if it is not proved then nothing will punishd!

suryagaurav (manager)     04 May 2011

Adv. Sharma, Ajit, RAjoo Are very right. only listen to them

lingraj maradi (advocate)     14 May 2011

sir

when any person was dead in road accident then it will offecne u/s 304(A) and if that deceased was drunken then if the police have not mentioned in the complaint and charge sheet then you can file criminal petition u/s 482 Cr.P.C before the High Court and seek quashing ghe proceedings agaisnt you

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     14 May 2011

Dear Lingraj Maradi:Excellent piece of advise but how are you going to prove that the victim was drunk at the time of accident who is in heaven now?

Thanks.

(Guest)

I totally agree with om prakash ji advise 

How  he proves in high court(criminal petition under sec.482) that the person (dead) is drunken ?

@author

If you have a evidence then prove in a court.My advise is to check th post mortem report ,meet that doctor and ask but as you said it didnt mention that the dead person is drunken at that time then its useless.

Dont go to high court if you dont have any proves.Better appoint a good advocate and contest the case.

girish shringi (advocate)     21 May 2011

A.G.Gardner,the famous author and diplomat  of U.K.once quoted that "Law must be observed in spirit not in rigidity"

In this case if one proves that deceased was intoxicated and was not in the position to walk with balace,the witnesses must confirm the same and P.M.report must support thesame then one chance to get out of criminal liability.

The other as you said you want to go for studies abroad means you  are in your twenties/thirties,so clarify whether you possess valid driving licence.

I just want to say to Mr.Dhushia that recently supreme court has given order to Karnataka Bar  Association which says the terrorists are also defended by Law,hence no reason to say emotionally that person gone to heaven hence the accused should sit mum and cant defend self ,otherwise why should we defended a terrorist  like "KSAB' WHOM WHOLE WORLD HAS SEEN KILLING PEOPLE.

No doubt in our country justice system is delayed for long hence we are not getting justice in time.

Thatswhy we say "COURT MEIN JAZBAAT NAHI SABOOT CHAHIYE."

Girish Shringi

(Advocate)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register