LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Badar Shaikh   27 September 2022

road accident by a bike

One of my friend got road accident by his bike as one lady of 52 yrs old was crossing (divider) the one way road. She got minor leg injury and no other injury caused to her. My friend admitted her to Govt. Hospital and he was ready to pay all the expanses for her treatment. The lady is a sweeper in the Municipal Corporation on contract with 14,000 rs per month. my friend don't have a 3 rd party insurance of his bike he is a government servant. One of the relative of the lady is in Police and therefore she lodge FIR after three days. They asked huge amount of rs 1 Lakh as compensation through third person. My friend is unable to give such huge amount. Plz guide in this regard what we have to do.

Learning

2 Replies

KUNAL JAIN   30 November 2022

he should settle

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 December 2022

1. He has no third party insurance.  H is traffic offender that way and liable for fine.
  2. He has no third party insurance. So in litigation he has to pay the damages.
  3. Your friend is a govt servant and cannot afford to get convicted and be jobless.

In this case Rs 1 Lakh is not much price of the mercy if she is willing to let him go.  Probably the victim has rated herself not above this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register