LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gg (student)     02 August 2011

Road accident

I met with an accident today wherein the car in front of me hit a person and that person collided with my car. The car in front of me ran away. since it was getting dark and the car in front of me speeded I could not note the car number. I stopped the car instantly and called police who also sent the person to hospital. The person had suffered some injuries and was bleeding. The police took a note of my contact details and asked me to go. After that they called me to come later for giving statement. Do i need to worry for anything or should I have done anything in addition.

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 August 2011

Nothing wrong you have done.  They may take the statement of your's as a complainant or wittness.

gg (student)     03 August 2011

The police is now asking for paying up the hospital bills or otherwise they will make a case. What do I do next??? Request views.

I am now thinking it was actually a mistake to call up police. I knew I was not wrong and only tried to help. Only since i could not manage to view the number of car i am being dragged into it.

prashant pundhir (Criminal Lawyer)     04 August 2011

All depends upon the statement of the injured person . If he brings your name in the accident ,then you are an accused othewise a witness .If the police is asking for your statement ,then need not to to do so .Prepare an affidavit of your statement and send it to the S.S.P. of your district with a covering letter requesting to send it to the concern police station . Meet with them with the complaint of compelling you to pay the hospital bills too .

gg (student)     04 August 2011

Thanks Sir for your reply. One more clarification - if the injured person confirms being hit by other car first which led to him coming in front of my car, then will I still be accused. What options will I have in that case.

prashant pundhir (Criminal Lawyer)     04 August 2011

in that case you will not be the accused as the injured came in front of your car by the hit of another vehicle . 279 &337IPC will not be applicable on you . But I do not think that he will do so as it may kill his right to file the MAC .

THANKACHAN V P (Advocate & Notary)     05 August 2011

I am afriad sometimes it may turn against you. The Injured has to point out a driver for filing compensation petition before the Accident Claims Tribunal.It is easy for him point out you than searching for the driver who escaped from place of accident.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register