Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   10 June 2022

Road accident

learned sir,
yesterday while I was driving in my car slowly one girl cane from wrong side, she wanted to turn left,but she couldn't succeed and banged my left side ie passenger door where my wife was sitting. she fell down from two wheeler and sustained minor injury to her hear. I immediately stopped my car when my wife told me that one girl trying to overtake us fell down. all people gathered some of them told me to carry on since I was not at fault, but as a humanitarian gesture I parked my car and saw the injured girl. Few people who knew her took her to a private hospital and I followed her. She was rushed to emergency room and had one stitch injury and was discharged. I told girls father in law that if they need any help they can contact me at any time. I gave my mobile number to him.

her father in law came to hospital and I discussed with him as to whose fault. one of her neighbours also convinced that the girl was at fault .As a gesture, despite my no fault, I paid the initial hospital bill of around Rs700. but the victim husband is trying to threaten me with a police case. Point to note that my left side door got little,but damaged also,when I came hone and saw it. anyway I have OD damage policy and I can use that to paint the door.

I have valid OD and third party car insurance policy.

kindly suggest suitable legal views and what action if the girls husband files police case,but he does not have my car documents with him,but he is trying to get it through third party. there was no police at the accident site and no statement of the girl also taken by police at hospital.


 4 Replies

Sravika Reddy Kohir   11 June 2022

Hello Sayed Masqood Ahmed, I acknowledge your question. If the other person tries to file a complaint for compensation or any other remedy; you can take the defence of negligence on the part of the other person for the same. For in if the other person is claiming you can always avail your third-party insurance.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further query do drop here.

Have a good day.

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   11 June 2022

Dear sravika,

Many thanks for your valuable advice.

Would  you once again elaborate your answer In detail with regard to third party insurance by me 


Best regards 

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 June 2022

Any legal issue could arise only if an FIR is registered and/or the girl seeks compensation under the MV Act.The incident being too minor, it may not be worth the time and resources to prove your innocence in the Court.

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   17 June 2022

Many thanks Venu sir for your valuable legal inputs 

I appreciate your advice 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register