IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Rights on parents property

Dear Sir,
Love marriage under special act between Hindu and Christian. Christian wife got name changed to Hindu, still 1st name is old only.
good in touch with her family.
does she has right on parents property. She got one adult brother. He is owning all property documents. He might have modified the WILL by Mom. however in Old will it was written by father for equally division.

does she has right to claim half of the property


 1 Replies

Nandini Warrier   09 January 2021

Good evening

Under the Hindu Succession act, 2005, and the Indian Succession Act, 1925, the daughter is eligible to claim rights to her equal share of property. The father's will is considered as Testamentary Succession. 

I hope this helped!



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query