LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balakrishnan (CIVIL ENGINEER)     20 May 2014

Rights on grand father's property

My father got agriculture property from his father by means of partition deed 30 years back. Three years back my grandfather was expired. We are two brothers and one sister to my parents.My elder brother got married and have three kids  living in separate and doing transport buisness. And my elder sister also got married and have one child she living in other state. I am only person yet to get married .me and my mom staying in rented house seperately and my father is staying sepearatly in our aggriculture form.Because of my family dispute my father made will and registered in favour of my elder brother's son (grand son) without our other family members knowledge. Note. There is terms and conditions in the partition deed made by our Grand father in which he mentioning that my father and  his legal heirs and their successor to be enjoyed  in future rightfully and freely. In this case 1.Do we(me . mother and my sister) have any right to claim any partition by approching through court?. 2.Is this a valid will which my father did in favor of one individual Name?

Kindly expect your sujestions .

Learning

1 Replies

SAI KIRAN R (ADVOCATE)     20 May 2014

Dear Balakrishna,

Your father's will even if it is properly executed shall be restricted to his share of property. You and your sister can rightfully claim your equal share in the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register