LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajagopal (owner)     05 September 2010

rights on allotment for car parking

i have purchased & rigstered an apartmnet including covered car park. i have paid 95% of payment. My flat construction  is under finishing stages and i have not taken possision yet.

The covered car park are being alloted to flats owner for whom construction is completed and handing over is started . 

i recenntly came to kniow that i have been alloted a car parking , which is to not to my liking.

I have booked my flat in J block, whereas the car parking is being alloted in a different block P ,  which has much smaller stilt parking - with 8 ft wide entry, whereas all parking in J block are of 10-12 ft entry. Flat is j block are more expensive due bigger floor area.- compared to owners of P block , iImust have paid more and i feel i have right on J block.

Do i have right over the car parking in j block ? can insist that the parking should be alloted in the block i purchased ?

Car park allotement is done for all through separate letter and is not inlcuded in the agreement.

Please advice ! Can i get a legal solution ?

Learning

2 Replies

sangram (service)     06 September 2010

Dear Mr. Rajgopal,

Builder cant sell the car parking to any specific owner of the flat.  it becomes normal practice by builders to sell it. but high courts assumption is to sell car parking is not as per Act. 

Sangram

Advocate. Arunagiri (Advocate High Court Madras.)     03 February 2011

The builder has to allot car parking depending upon the size of the flat booked and nearer to them. Send a notice if he is not responding your oral requests.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register