Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dadi Uma Mahesh (NA)     10 September 2010

Rights of Tenant in Andhra if asked to vacate suddenly?

Dear Experts,

I want to know what are the Rights of Tenant in Andhra Pradesh if asked to vacate suddenly irrespective of rent increase every year without giving any reasons?

How to buy sometime until i get a suitable House?


 5 Replies

Vinoba (Advocate)     10 September 2010


All rent control laws are meant to protect tenants from miscreant landlords.  A Landlord is not supposed to evict an tenant at his whims and fancies.  A tenant can be evicted only by due process of law that too on proper grounds set forth in the rent control laws of concerned state.  A civil suit for permanent injunction not to interfere with your possession can be filed until you are evicted by due process of law.

L. Vinoba


DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     11 September 2010

Yes the rent act in all states are in favor of tanents and landlord can not evict or even raise rent without the order of the Court of your area.

robin hood (Manager)     02 December 2010

There will be so many people telling you to file injucntion order etc. If you want to spend time in courts paying money you can prolong. But at the end of the day you will be the loser ending up paying lawyers fees, court fees and most importantly you and your family will loose mental peace. So the best method is just be good to the owner and request him for time...

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     02 December 2010


Padmaja (Housewife)     25 February 2014

Respected Sir, I an my family are staying in a rented flat at hyderabad since 5 yrs..while entering the flat we had paid asecurity deposit of 20000 for two months,the owner didnot make rental agreement stating that the fkat belongs to his sister n rental agreement will b done afterwards...which he didnt do till date...Now he wants to sell off the flat n on the month of jan this yr asked to vacate the flat in 10 days, threatened me ...threatened my hubby consulting a lawyer asked him to giv us a month time but still he kept threating us....Now as it we have found a flat in month time n ready to vacate called him to hand over the flat keys...and adjust the security deposit. ? He is denying that we hadnt given him any and hav to giv him 4 months pending rent which is Rs 40, 000  and its a lie...plz sir advice what to do. If he doesnot allow us to leave the flat...? Can we take the help of cops...?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query