LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep singh   09 June 2020

rights of person with disabilities act 2016

rights of person with disabilities act 2016 ke anusaar disiable persons ko har district me special court milni chahiye.. but koi nahi mil rahi..

aur vi bht kuj hai disabilities act 2016 me.. but kuch vi nhi mil raha ..
is act ko field me laane ke liye kya kiya jaaye


 3 Replies

Nandhini SR   09 June 2020

  Hello sir,

We understand your concern, a better solution for this would be to file a writ of mandamus by way of Public Interest Litigation in the Supreme Court under Article 32 of the Constitution. In your petition you can include a prayer for effective implementation of the Persons with disabilities Act,2016 along with anyother prayer of your wish in public concern.  Due the pandemic situation, you can now approach the court virtually.  This procedure has been followed in the past whenever there arose a question of improper implementation.  In the case of Cehat And Ors. vs Union Of India (2003 (10) SCALE 11) the petitioner prayed for effective implementation of Preconception and Prenatal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act.  The Court gave directions to the Government to immediately submit reports on the implementation process of the Act.    


Tirtharaj Basu Ray   09 June 2020


The biggest disadvantage of being disabled in India is lack of knowledge of the people. People aren't educated about the disabilities in India, especially physical disability. Hence, in order to enlighten them, we have educate them and make people aware of the existence of the Disabilities Act and the rights of the disabled persons.


sandeep singh   09 June 2020

Please clear me a bit more??? please clear more about rights of person with disabilities act 2016 ko lagu kar vaane ke liye kya krna hoga???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query