Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar (abc)     12 October 2013

Rights of husband over wifes property

Hi All,

I would like to know what are the rights of Husband over wifes property.

My mother has her own property which she built with her hard earned income(she bought the land and build house), my Father does not stay with us for the past 20 yrs and they are not divorced. 

Will my Father have any rights over the property that my Mom owns.

Also i have a half brother who is my Fathers first wifes son. Will he have any right on my Mothers property after her life.

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 October 2013

Phani,

Women's property is exclusively her own property and she has full rights over the same to dispose it in any manner to anyone and anytime.  Your father besides you,  as a legal heir is entitled to a share on her property provided the death is intestate, however his son out of his first wife, i.e., your half brother is not entitled to any share out of the intestate property of your mother.

manoharan (advocate)     12 October 2013

You and Yr. father having rights  in yr. mother's property.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     12 October 2013

Phani , your mother has all rights over her property in her life time , after her death you and your father are the legal heirs of your mother and you both have right over her property, your half brother has no right over it. But if your mother makes a will before her death in your name ,attested by two witness and registered It in the sub registerar office of your area , after her death the property will be transfered in your name.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 October 2013

Your mother is sole owner of her self acquired property.In case she dies intesate then your father and you will be equally owner of your mother's property.your half brother will have no right over the property.

Rajesh Kumar (abc)     13 December 2013

Thanks for ur response,

Can my step brother claim on my Fathers share after my Fathers life ?

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register