LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajkiran (lawyer)     08 July 2015

Right to information act

i had sent rti application for obtaining seniority list to principal of private school in maharashtra which is administered by state government.but as everybody knows teacher is the most intellectual person in the world he is not giving proper response to application and not providing information.to whome i can file first appeal? who is the first appellate authority above him?

please help me.

Learning

8 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     08 July 2015

To attract the rule of RTI the school should be aided by the Government.  Mere getting recognition from the Government, the private school will come under the perview of RTI.  Pl clarify me what is meant by "adminitered by Government" as per your version. 

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     08 July 2015

R.T.I.Act is a Powerful instrument...But members seeking for information need to indicate the purpose of the information sought for.Where as legal route envisages the need for indicating the purpose...Simply because the Act does not indicate the purpose,the information may not be denied.After refusal, the remedy is to resort to Legal route with !!! Purpose.

When certain information is denied on the ground of security of the nation,such claims can be processed, only when the purose of the information sought for is clearly stated.

the school comes under right to information Act 2005 and it is covered under MEPS Act of maharashtra state.yes it is administered by government

Information required under RTI ACT.2005 has to be submitted with proper reason.No change is required to be made from the considered view.

administered by government means it receives aid out of state funds, hold the leased land of the state of maharashtra government,it is under the control of dy.director of education.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     08 July 2015

Then, the pvt shcool is bound by RTI rules.

thanks for your intellectual answer Mr.ravinder.But,that i know better.i asked for appellate authority for this.not wether they are bound or not.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register