Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satyanarayana (Soft engg)     26 April 2011

Right to ancestral property

Hi Forum,

Need your expert advice on partition of ancestral property.

My mother is inheriting property from her deceased father who expired without any will.  Its equal share what she is getting according to class 1 heir.

Now, after she gets her share, what will be the right of my share from my mother?  I am a major and married.

Is it the descretion/decision of my mother to divide her share equally or partially among sons and daughters? Can I go ahead and ask for the share that I am legally entitled as a grand daughter since I am major.

Please clarify.



 1 Replies

Navjot Kumar (Lawyer)     13 May 2011

that property become an ancestral property, so u can file the suit for partition , u will be plaintiff and ur other sisters or brother and mother will be respondent , share of ur mother will be divided equally to all ur sister, brother and u. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register