LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kiran (manager)     07 March 2013

Right in the immovable property of father

Dear experts !! Pl help me to clear my dought.. I married to a girl outside of my cast last year against wishes of family. Since then I have not been allowed to enter in the house where I used to stay with joint family before my marriage. My family consist of father who is widower and younger brother & a sister both unmarried ( and now my wife). The current 1 bhk flat is on the name of my father which he got from his father i.e. my grandfather after his death. And it comes under MHADA tenancy. My father don’t want me to come and stay with them. He says that this house is belongs to him and I wont get anything till he is alive. My question is that:- can I claim or ask for the rights in this property at this stage or for partition. What are the other legal options with me to fight the case??? Becos I am in urgent need of place to live


 2 Replies

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     07 March 2013

Kiran, morally  I advice u to dilute the triffle u have with ur father. Convince ur father and take him inur confidene the matter will be easily solved.

Now as regards legal aspect I say that u have vested interest inthe house and u can file suit for partition to claim ur share in the house.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     07 March 2013

It is your grandfather's property. Ask for partition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register