Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shobharam Dhama (Prop)     16 May 2010

Right 2 Information

Helo Every one,

I am a professional and want to have some information from ESI department through the route of RTI. I am not aware of the procedural formalities oRTI.

Can anybody help me tell procedure for putting RTI proceedings in action. Pls tell me the full procedure for askung information thru RTI.

Thanx 

Learning

5 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     17 May 2010

On a white paper write to PIO stating that you require following information under RTI.  You need not mention reasons why you want them.  You list out your requests point wise. If you are not far away from the ESI office, go there find out who is the designated PIO (Public information officer) and submit him the letter and obtain official receipt.  Find out  him how much fees you must pay for the querries you asked and mode of payment.  If you prefer to send through registered post, address the post to PIO and take Rs.10 postal order for each question and annexe it.  It would be in your interest also annexe a self=addressed cover for their reply. 

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     17 May 2010

Kindly refer my files [jps50] and use central govt format and rules or alternatively visit:

Central Govt application:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/19-rti-application-central-govt-info.html

Make effective:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     17 May 2010

valentine (Advocate)     18 May 2010

For obtaining info under RTI all you have to do is write your queries pointwise on a simple paper. There are formats available; but use of the same is  not mandatory. Yes, enclose Rs. 10 postal order or any other non-judicial stamp of appropriate value as per your query. Your query should relate to the public interest. Since it is ESI, it becomes easier as you may not have to spend on postage. You can straightaway walk into their office and submit your application and ask for the acknowledgement. Yes prohibited information U/S 8 and 9 of RTI Act will not be given to you. The waiting period is of 30 days and then you may go for appeal. For every page that you may require, you will be charged 1Re or as the case may be. For simple information you need not pay anything excpet the postal order.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     18 May 2010

All our members are correct

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register