LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritesh KHANNA   27 September 2023

Rgarding money given to a friend for getting a contractual job

It happened two years ago during covid time.I was working at a nbfc.Unfortunately i was laid off from my job during covid as my company was doing cost cutting.I met my childhood friend at a bank.He promised me if i pay him 270000 rupees he would manage to get a contractual job at state govt office.I gave him this money in 6 installments.He did not help me get this job and now he is not returning my money.What to do?


 8 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 September 2023

Obviously, you have been deceived. What is the proof of the transaction? You have the option for initiating a civil and/or criminal action.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 September 2023

Yes.  If you have proof you may file a recovery suit.

Ritesh KHANNA   28 September 2023

sir this transaction was done through net was given to him by neft.Thanks you all for your timely and valuable response.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     28 September 2023

Issue legal notice to your friend and demand your money,if he does not comply with your notice than file suit for recovery against him.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 September 2023

You can file a summary suit in the courts of law. A lawsuit for money recovery is a legal remedy that may be used to collect money from a defaulter. The lawsuit may be filed under Order IV of the CPC which was enacted in 1908. (CPC). It’s similar to a summary suit (Order 37, Code of Civil Procedure), which allows for a quick resolution since the ot

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2023

both of you are liable for criminal trial.

MPS RAMANI   01 October 2023

This is a case of one thief cheating another thief.  Anyway as you have evidence of bank transfer for the payments made, you invent some other plausible reason for the payments made and file a suit of recovery against him. Do not say that he promised to fetch you a Government contract.

Vishal, Adv-Supreme Court (Advocate Whatsapp 9717985984)     01 October 2023

Two wrongs do not make a right. But now the remedy for you is to file a recovery suit citing a valid legal reason and also parallely you may file a criminal case provided there is no written evidence of you seeking a job in lieu of the money given to that person.


For more detailed advice contact Adv Vishal Garg @ 9717985984

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register